Friday, August 7, 2009

So here's a small story that just happened to me....

I JUST got back to the apartment about 30 seconds ago. My dad took his entire lab to a bar where we had dinner and beer and Mango Lavender Mojitos and all that good stuff. Well, after my sister parks the car, she, my dad and I start walking to the apartment. Suddenly this woman comes out and says "Hi!" really enthusiastically. Apparently she knows my dad, and she starts talking to us, telling her how beautiful my sister and I are, how gorgeous our hair is...blah blah. She had that look that makes you feel that she's not all there...know what I mean? My sister and I are nodding politely at this overly talkative/happy woman...until...

She says "My husband just died. He was murdered."

OMG?

No, it get's better.

She continues: "Yeah, murdered by his own brother, he was a gambler."

My sister and I are stunned. Little did we know it gets worse...

"He killed our dogs too."

At this point, both me and my sister gasped. What blasphemy! Hand out the death penalty! It really surprised me how composed this woman was. She explained that she had gone into shock when she heard the news of her husband's death, and all the shit she had to go through at the hospital.

So I guess ultimately...even though she didn't seem "all there," I had to appreciate how amazing it was that she could still smile and laugh, because I'm pretty damn sure I wouldn't be like that if that was me.

Until next time..

Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment