Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I fucking HATE UAccess

Okay. So get this. Webreg, which was the U of A's former class registration program. Because it was pretty shitty, the school replaced it with a program called UAccess. Cool right? No. That program is one sent from the devil himself. Or herself, if you're thinking about Sarah Palin.

The idea behind UAccess is good in theory, even if it doesn't execute well. You can browse classes you want for the next semester and add them to your "shopping cart," much like you can on eBay or Amazon. Then, once your registration day comes, all you have to do is go to your cart, click the "enroll" button, and voila, you're enrolled for next semester!

But no. That fucker did NOT work for me. At all. First, since I'm an honors student, I registered April 19th, a week before I would have otherwise had to register with the sophomores. So I had my shopping cart all set and when the time came, I hit enroll only to be faced with 6 red Xs. Apparently, priority registration for psychology starts the 19th. But whatever. It was just one day. The next day I tried again and was able to get into some psych classes, but was NOT able to get into any trads or indvs, because they were "full." Well sucks for me right? I can't do anything about it since the classes were full right? NO because ON AVERAGE THERE WERE 149 OPEN SEATS IN EACH OF THOSE CLASSES. WTF right???? So I called tech support and they said the provost put those classes on freeze for the sophomores and freshman, and since I am classified as a junior, couldn't get in.

Well Aditee, looks like you're gonna have to wait a week. Well I did my 2.5 readers, I did. Expecting everything to go smoothly, I signed on and tried again. However THIS time, I couldn't add anything because the max amount of units I could add lowered from 19 (honors) to 16, which means that if I tried to add another class I couldn't because I would exceed the max. Then I tried swapping for a class to add one and it STILL didn't let me do that. From the same class to another time. "Consent from department required." I repeat, WHAT THE FUCK?

So fuck you UAccess.

No comments:

Post a Comment