Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bend, and SNAP

Today I tried Julianne Hough's cardio ballroom workout. And holy shit. It kicked my ASS.

Let me just start by telling you that I've danced for many years. Ballet, jazz, tap, modern, whatever, and I was pretty damn good. I even was a cheerleader. It's where I get my flexibility. However, I didn't realize that ballroom dancing was so different. Lot's of hip action, lots of fast, precise steps. Julianne is this tiny Mormon blonde girl but she cracked the whip. I didn't even make it through the whole DVD, and I was sweaty and breathless. It was A TON of fun, but I would have had even more fun if it was Julianne's DWTS partner Apolo Ohno teaching my how to swing my hips...... I would love to get sweaty and breathless with him....

Anyway, I have a new found respect for ballroom dancers. And the women have to do it in HEELS. I am thinking of joining the ballroom dance club at the U of A next week!


Mmmm Apolo.......

1 comment:

  1. Don't drool over Apolo on your blog, creeper.

    ReplyDelete